13 June 2019
WAG Technical Chairperson - Casual Vacancy
Due to recent changes, the SMC Chairperson position has become a casual vacancy and will be filled as per the 2019 Gymsport Regulations, page 10 section 2.3.4.
Gymnastics Queensland is calling for nominees to fill the casual vacancy to complete the current term of the position (until the next SPTA in September 2019). Please send all nomination forms to email@example.com by no later than 5pm on Friday 28th June 2019.
Nomination Form can be found here
For all questions on the role of Technical Chairperson, please contact WAG Gymsport Manager, Rebecca Carter on 0488 219 534 or 3036 5610.
WAG SMC Update
The WAG SMC met on the 12th June 2019. Please see below for an update:
All correspondence was discussed and clubs have been notified on the outcome. Requests included:
- Junior Regionals exemption requests
- Request for Technical Regulations, section 11.2, to be revised
WAG Officials Recognition Awards, will be presented at QLD Club Championships. To nominate for this award please complete the online form by Friday 21st June 2019: https://form.jotform.com/91598553842975
QLD Clubs Coaches Forum Topics:
- Senior State Championships award structure feedback
- Border Challenge level 7 team size feedback
- QLD Club divisions
- Should we split level 8 & 9/10
- ALP 2020, Level 7-10 Feedback
The next WAG SMC meeting will be held on the 17th July 2019.
If you have any items up for discussion, please contact your local SMC member or WAG Gymsports Manager.
WAG Officials Recognition Awards
As per the 2019 Technical Regulations, section 18.104.22.168, The Officials recognition award is for Technical Members who have officiated at Qld Senior State Championships as either a coach and/or judge, who will be recognised for their years of service.
- Technical Members will be required to nominate themselves on the official nomination form included in the Senior State Championships workplan.
- The years of service must be listed. They are not required to be consecutive years.
- The official must be a current Technical Member and officiate at the 2019 State Championships
- For 10 years of service, a Certificate will be presented
- For 20 and 30 years of service, a plaque will be presented
To nominate for this award please complete the online form by Friday 21st June 2019: https://form.jotform.com/91598553842975
For all questions on the award, please contact WAG Gymsport Manager, Rebecca Carter on 0488 219 534 or 3036 5610.
QLD CLUBS LEVEL 8-10 CLARIFICATION
Level 8 athletes receive their special apparatus bonus, as well as utilising the level 9/10 bonus options, however cannot receive bonus for the same skill twice.
- Example 1: Level 8 Bars – the athlete performs a CHC to handstand (C), followed by a toe-on-toe-off to handstand (C), as well as a giant circle on high bar. They would receive the 0.2 C+C bonus (Level 9/10 bonus) and the 0.2 Giant Circle bonus (Level 8 bonus)
- Example 2: Level 8 Beam – The athlete performs a flic flic series. They would only receive the 0.4 Rebounding acro series both with flight (Level 9/10 bonus). NOT 0.2 Rebounding acro series both with flight (Level 8 bonus) + 0.4 Rebounding acro series both with flight (Level 9/10 bonus) = 0.6. The athlete will receive the best option for them, which is the 0.4 bonus
- Example 3: Level 8 Floor – The athlete performs a 1 ½ twist (C), punch front salto (A). They will receive the 0.2 360° LA turn (Level 8 bonus) as well as the 0.2 C+A direct acro connection (Level 9/10 bonus)
Reminder – Upcoming Courses
Don’t miss out on enrolling in the following upcoming courses:
5 July MAG/WAG/GfA/ACR/TUM Tumbling & Spring (Module 1) (Mackay) Closes Tuesday
6 July MAG/WAG/GfA/ACR/TUM Tumbling & Spring (Module 1) (Bundaberg) Closes Tuesday
6 & 7 July WAG Advanced Coaches Course(Bundaberg) Closes Tuesday
14 July WAG Intermediate Coaches Course (BNE)
See the GQ Education Calendar
for more details. All enrolments are processed via the Learning Management System(LMS). All late enrolments are subject to availability and incur a 25 % late enrolment fee.