What is Sporting Schools?
Sporting Schools is a $280 million Australian Government initiative designed to help schools to increase children's participation in sport, and to connect them with community sporting opportunities.
Sporting Schools programs are provided free to children and their families to help students build the confidence and capability to be active for life.
To help achieve this, Sport Australia has partnered with more than 35 national sporting organisations (NSOs). There is a program for primary schools, and a targeted program for Year 7 and 8 students in secondary schools.
Why Should I be Involved in Sporting Schools?
- Expose gymnastics to more kids in more schools
- Opportunity to link with local schools
- Opportunity to deliver programs before, during or after school
- Access grant funding to support delivery
- Opportunity to increase membership
- Further employment for coaches
- Club promotion
Who Can Get Involved?
For more information on who can deliver Sporting Schools and registering your club to deliver a Sporting Schools program, please refer to: